This Privacy Notice relates to the personal data you give over this website and other data we collect. We are the data controller named in the Contact Us section. We share some or all of your personal data with other businesses:
We collect the personal data you provide us when you fill in the blanks in the website forms. A full list can be found clicking this link.
We also collect the following personal data from you:
- the details of other products you order from us online and aggregate your orders to manage your account
- information you provide when you telephone us about your order, ask any questions, make a complaint or any other reason
- the information you provide when you create an online account with us
- the information you provide when you respond to a survey request or enter a competition including whether you win a prize
- the information you put in any emails to us for any reason including your email address
- information you provide via social media channels
- information you provide in face to face meetings
- information you provide on paper-based documents
We use your personal data to carry out the following types of searches or checks which will involve us obtaining information from the relevant agencies or providers of that data):
We will use it to carry out credit searches at credit reference agencies to ensure your credit status. You are entitled to know who we have used and to obtain a copy of your record from them.
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address and a password. We may ask further questions for different services. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory. If you log-in using a Facebook log-in as a means of authentication you grant permission to Facebook to share your user details, including your name, date of birth, geolocation information and email. We use this to form your online identifier. It also permits sharing of other data which you choose to share using your Facebook preferences. If you remove our app or link from Facebook our ability to use that information ends. If you log in using twitter log in details as your authentication, we get your twitter name and avatar.
To fulfil the contract we use your data to decide whether to enter the contract, allocate you goods, manage and track your order, update you on progress, generate delivery notes and invoices, process payments and administration generally. We may have to use third parties to help us achieve these aims in accordance with our legitimate interests (see below).
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
To help us fulfil the contract we share your data with these parties for the reasons below as it is in our legitimate interests to do so having taken into account all relevant factors around your privacy. If we do not engage these external contractors our prices would have to increase as we would have to engage more staff and buy more infrastructure. We require them to be GDPR compliant and enter data processor contracts with us or ensure their contracts make appropriate statements.
We use an outside party to deliver the goods ordered and they may be one of a number and/or may change from time to time. We will communicate who they are at the time they are going to deliver.
We use an external payment processor on the site to process your payment.
We share data with the third party we order the goods from to match to your order, and to track their supply to us and, if they also organise delivery to your address, they share with their delivery firm.
We (and third parties under contract with us) use customer contact information to personalise the types of information you receive from us, to determine customer satisfaction with products and/or services we have provided and to improve the operation of our services to you.
The following is a list of the outside parties we use:
This may change from time to time so if you continue to use us or keep in contact with us you will be dealing with us on our updated Privacy Notice. We will endeavour to notify you of any changes but this may not be possible. We will set out on our current Privacy Notice the date it came into force.
We share your personal data with the following parties for reasons of legitimate interest:
- we use a cloud based accountancy software which means your personal data is on their cloud servers as our data processor.
- we use an outside party to bill and collect who are acting as our data processor. They will identify themselves to you as acting on our behalf but if you have any concerns about their activity or behaviours please contact us.
- we use agents, advisers or others involved in running accounts and services for you and your business or collecting what you or your business owe;
- we use Credit reference agencies;
- we use Third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the IT infrastructure, website, shopping cart or payment services;
- we use Logistics and delivery providers who enable us to deliver products you order on our websites;
- we use professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, debt collectors and consultants;
- we use Companies who assess faults and repair products on our behalf;
You can view our cookies policy here.
We use online behavioural advertising (OBA) which allows us to deliver targeted advertising to visitors. As you browse our site, some of the cookies used are advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in. It then generates adverts which we believe may interest you based on your use of our site. The OBA techniques we use will not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number. We may also share anonymised behavioural data with advertising partners. This may mean that when you are on other websites, you will be shown advertising based on your behaviour on our website. We may also show you advertising on our site based on your behaviour on other sites you have visited and where you appear to have given permission. This is known as Behavioural retargeting and is another form of OBA that allows us and some of our advertising partners to show you ads based on your browsing patterns and interactions with other sites. You can opt out of this form of marketing, but you will still see adverts when you visit our site, they just will not be personal for you
If you log-in using a Facebook log-in as a means of authentication you grant permission to Facebook to share your user details, including your name, date of birth, geolocation information and email. We use this to form your online identifier. It also permits sharing of other data which you choose to share using your Facebook preferences. If you remove our app or link from Facebook our ability to use that information ends. If you log in using twitter log in details as your authentication, we get your twitter name and avatar.
In order to help us to be efficient with the personal data we have about you we will combine the data we get from the following sources or interactions with you or third parties:
- any paper based documents you have or do provide us with
- data you provide over the telephone (including any text or other messages),
- competition or other entries to surveys or similar interactions from time to time
- the information in your emails to us
- information you provide via social media channels
- information you provide in face to face meetings
- order details of any products you order from us online
In order to deliver the customer service we want you to have we engage with external providers as listed above and this entails us sharing your personal data with them.
We have set up our system to automatically review your credit history and other information to establish whether we wish to proceed with you as a customer for this or any order. You have the right to ask us to reconsider the decision of the system which may have affected the price we offer or other terms.
We will keep your data for 7 years after the year you order it so we can comply with contract law issues, product liability issues, insurance issues, company law obligations, record keeping for accounting and tax audits. If there are any complaints or questions on product liability or insurance issues we will keep your data for 6 years after the matter is dealt with. We may hold onto data were there are legal reasons to retain it.
Where we process your personal data to fulfil:
- a contract with you, we will process such personal data until we fulfil that contract and for so long thereafter as may be necessary to keep a record of that contract, which will typically be for 6 years, and to deal with any complaints or claims relating to that contract, which will be until the final resolution of such complaints or claims (having regard to the nature of any potential claims and the limitation of liability periods that apply to them); or
- a legal obligation (such as anti-Money Laundering, tax and accounting obligations), we will process such personal data for so long as necessary to fulfil that obligation; or
Where we process your personal data based on:
- our legitimate interest, we will process such personal data for so long as necessary to achieve that legitimate interest, which will typically be for 6 years after we collect your personal data or the last time we use your personal data (or longer in relation to any legal claims that might arise having regard to the nature of any potential claims and the limitation of liability periods that apply to them); or
-your consent, for example, to send you marketing information, we will process such personal data until you withdraw that consent. Please bear in mind that it may take a short time to process any withdrawal of your consent. We aim to do this as soon as reasonable after receipt of your request, although you may still receive emails that are already in process around the time of your withdrawal.
Where you have given consent to market you we will send you our marketing and promotional materials for services, products, surveys, competitions, events and other activities we think useful to you.
- by telephone to the numbers provided. We ask that you notify us of any changes to your numbers.
- by email. We may promote our products to you by email until you unsubscribe. The unsubscribe option will be present in any marketing email we send. We may send you our marketing by email as you have bought goods from us.
Where permitted we may market you with the products of carefully selected third parties.
Data privacy laws provide you with a number of rights over your personal information.
You have the following rights:
Receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and confirm we’re lawfully Processing it by making a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR). It’s free of charge unless your request is clearly unfounded or excessive
Ask us to update, complete or correct your Personal Data at any time if you detect an inaccuracy. In fact, we encourage you to do so.
Get any Personal Data you’ve given us in an electronic form based on Consent or Contractual Necessity in a common machine-readable format. We can also transfer it to a third party if you ask.
Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
Ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason or Lawful Basis for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have exercised your right to Objection. We can refuse in certain circumstances. Find out more, here -https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-to-get-your-data-deleted/
Object to any Processing we do based on Legitimate Interests. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes
Not to be subject to automated decision-making without human intervention that has significant legal or other effects.
Suspend the Processing of some of your Personal Data, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Withdrawal of Consent
Withdraw consent at any time and we will stop Processing it unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law. Where we rely on your consent, we also explain how you can easily withdraw it. We will need to confirm your identity to confirm your right to access the information or exercise any of your other rights. This is to prevent Personal Data being disclosed to anyone who has no right to receive it. You can find out more about your rights by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office
Right to Complain
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal data, we encourage you to contact us as set out below. You may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find the details here - https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by getting in touch with us as set out in the Contact us section below.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have any questions please contact us:
By filling out the [contact us form]
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 0151 2078040
By Postal address: 128-140 Great Howard St, Liverpool, Merseyside L3 7DW
You can contact Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Fax: 01625 5245